Thursday, February 28, 2008

An unexpected blessing

As the week is quickly coming to an end I have to thank God for small blessings.
Ashley as been home with a fever all week and at first I was not a happy mommy. I quickly changed my tune and was reminded by the Lord tugging at my heart that Ashley is going to Kindergarten next year. This week she may been sick and not herself but she has been cuddly and soft spoken, relaxed and just plain lovable. I believe that God gave me this week to slow down and cherish this time with Ashley. We have built rockets and crazy aliens with tinker toys. We have colored and snuggled on the couch. We have run a few small errands with no trouble at all. I have even gotten laundry washed, dried, and put away, the biggest challenge.
Last night Ashley's fever hit 104 and after I woke her and gave her yet another dose of Motrin I just cried and asked God to heal her and bring her fever down. I realized something that I had forgotten. Ashley is only mine for awhile, she is the Lords child forever.
My encouragement is that you will remember that God knows what is best for us and our plans are not His plans.
I had so many things on my "to do list" this week that I wanted to do with my "alone time" but I did not get the time to do any of them. What I did get was a relaxed week with no stress and precious time with my youngest daughter. Thanks God for this unexpected blessing that you gave me this week.

A man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9

2 comments:

Susie said...

You brought me to tears. I'm glad you had a week to slow down, even if it wasn't your plans. He always knows better, doesn't He??

Peris said...

You have blessed me thank you so much for your amazing words and focus on what the Lord is saying to you and us as moms...thanks so much.