Thursday, January 10, 2008

This week in review

  1. I was so looking forward to the back to school routine and having a few hours to relax...that only lasted about one morning.
  2. Tuesday I got the call from the school nurse, Emilee has been home sick since. Yikes!!!
  3. Monday and Tuesday the floor crew grinded and sanded and cemented our floors to make them level for the hardwood.
  4. Wednesday the sticky and stinky floor sealant was applied and we had to be out and in a hotel for the night. I am doing all of this with a crabby sick girl who is completing normal on Motrin
  5. After being confined to the house most of the week and dealing with a displaced house and a sick child does not make mommy happy....did I mention that I am PMS this week as well. Poor Chris!!
  6. After a FUN evening at the Ramada in Poway (listened to a crazy man yelling profanities at some girl , Emilee awake at 3am needing tissues and more Motrin.) Yummy continental breakfast I must say though.
  7. Here I wait for the floor guys again to finally lay the floors.( they are now one hour late) Our house will be back to normal after the carpet tucker arrives on Saturday. Just in time for Ashley to get sick and to miss school next week, right??
  8. That has only been a glimpse of my week......I did not mention all the details
  9. On a good note I organized Ashley's closet
  10. I may complain but I know that the floors are going to be great and I am blessed to have the opportunity to do them...thanks to the Insurance Company and the stinky sewer spill that started this whole process. I will have before and after pictures by the weekend as long as the job gets done.
  11. thanks for listening.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope and pray that the rest of the week will be much better! Say "hi" to Emilee from us.
Btw Taylor is sick now too!
Have a blessed day.

Susie said...

Oh Becky- hoping your Emilee is healing soon. So sorry for the 'heavy' week.

Kool Mom said...

I will be praying for you! I hope I can see you soon and give you a big "it's ok" hug
Love ya,
K

Peris said...

Sorry for all the headaches. You will so aprriciate the floors after all is said and done. I heard from the preschool today and even there theya re telling all the parents strp throat and scarlet fever are going around. So sickness is in the air....I hope your family is on themends soon.