Monday, August 22, 2011

Exploring Raleigh


This past weekend we ventured out to downtown Raleigh. It is much smaller than any downtown that I have been too. It was a humid day so we found a nice java cafe and Ashley enjoyed a peach Popsicle, Emilee munched on a giant peanut butter cookie, and Chris and I had the best smoothie ever. The downtown streets were closed down and they were hosted a car show for us to see.

This old church is beautiful.
State Capital building

Museum of Natural History
Free everyday and it is so cool!!!
Take a look inside
4 floors of fun for the whole family



Ashley was so afraid that a butterfly was going to land on her!




replica of the Liberty Bell
Good Times
next weekend the kids museum!

3 comments:

Angela said...

School starts in 2 weeks, and I cannot believe I won't see your beautiful face, friend! Take me to downtown when I visit you! Any fireflies around?? Miss you!!

Us said...

looks so fun! yay!

Susie said...

So glad you all are out exploring! ANd a little bit envious, too- I love new cities and downtowns!